Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:37:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Figuring out how much was invested with pirateat40  (Read 1768 times)
anfedorov (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:43:17 AM

So I don't have a bone in BTCST or any of the bets around it, but I have a bit of time and a little bit of a mathematics background (undergrad degree in math), and am really curious to figure out exactly how many BTC were invested with pirateat40... has anyone linked (or could anyone share) the transactions of their investments with him?

I heard the claim that he's the owner of the largest bitcoin account account [1]. Does anyone know of evidence to support it?

1. https://blockchain.info/address/1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:12:43 AM

nanotube has this information as part of the Vandroiy bet, I believe.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:17:45 AM

Sure he does. I wonder why HE wasn't invited to the private chat then, since he has all of the info that Pirate SHOULD need for his 'Legal Team'......LMAO

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:11:32 AM

Sure he does. I wonder why HE wasn't invited to the private chat then, since he has all of the info that Pirate SHOULD need for his 'Legal Team'......LMAO

Anyone know who promoted pirate to OP in #bitcoin-otc ?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:26:03 AM

So I don't have a bone in BTCST or any of the bets around it, but I have a bit of time and a little bit of a mathematics background (undergrad degree in math), and am really curious to figure out exactly how many BTC were invested with pirateat40... has anyone linked (or could anyone share) the transactions of their investments with him?

I heard the claim that he's the owner of the largest bitcoin account account [1]. Does anyone know of evidence to support it?

No fud question: Is this the pizza guy? If not, approximately where does he rank.

~Bruno~
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:53:52 AM

No fud question: Is this the pizza guy? If not, approximately where does he rank.

~Bruno~

What makes you think laszlo owns that address ?

enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:57:40 AM

If we know this is the scammer's address, can't we just all use a version of a client that rejects every transaction that spends btc from this address?
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:58:32 AM

If we know this is the scammer's address, can't we just all use a version of a client that rejects every transaction that spends btc from this address?

Yes...all except the 2650+ BTC that I have coming to ME from one of his addresses Wink

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:58:45 AM

No.

anfedorov (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:52:57 AM

Could you link or quote what you're referring to, please? I'm still catching up on a lot of this stuff...
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:02:59 AM

Could you link or quote what you're referring to, please? I'm still catching up on a lot of this stuff...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91661.msg1013607#msg1013607

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:16:10 AM

He said on IRC that he doesn't have the coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101339.msg1135573#msg1135573
"If I had all the coins just sitting around I would've has this wrapped up a long time ago."

Signature space available for rent.
anfedorov (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:27:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91661.msg1013607#msg1013607

Thanks, that's fascinating! And very eloquent, for someone who at other times seems to struggle with his grammar.

The section titled "Change in BTCST ToS" is somewhat curious... is a copy of the ToS publicly available?

Also, has this bet concluded?
anfedorov (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:31:48 AM

He said on IRC that he doesn't have the coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101339.msg1135573#msg1135573
"If I had all the coins just sitting around I would've has this wrapped up a long time ago."

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of his words. He might not have *all* of the coins or maybe they aren't "just sitting around", but he might have a lot of them.
ldrgn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:48:44 PM

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical of his words. He might not have *all* of the coins or maybe they aren't "just sitting around", but he might have a lot of them.

He's offered to pay full interest on these accounts.  If he's got any coins at all it's in his best interest to pay off any liabilities as soon as possible instead of letting the interest accumulate.  So, either he doesn't have the coins or he's willingly letting people quickly destroy his profits.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:52:40 PM

Who decides that?  The central agency on Bitcoin validated transactions?  How long before the US govt or UN has supervisory authority over the CABVT?
Hint if you control what tx are valid you control/own all the money.  Complete and absolute control over the network/protocol/economy.

Bitcoin is digital cash.  If you lose it, you lost it.  Any "cure" is worse than the disease.  There already is a simple solution: not lose it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: